Grateful or Ungrateful
Recently there was an email floating around cyberspace from either David Letterman or Jay Leno. This email did not pan out with www.snopes.com, but the truth in this email was so convicting.
I am so blessed!
I have bad hair days *laughing*, grumpy days and struggles just like everyone else, but for the most part I have everything I need.
Take the following words to heart as you read through them!
- 69% of the USA is not satisfied with our current White House administration.
- 2/3 of Americans are not happy and want change.... So, what are they so unhappy about?
- Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours per day, 7 days per week?
- Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter
- Could our unhappiness be from 94% of the country has jobs
- You can walk in a grocery store at any time
- You can drive your car from coast to coast without using a passport
- Clean hotels
- Thousands of restaurants
- When there is an emergency, EMT's show up within minutes and either drive you or fly you to a very clean and modern hospital
- 70% of Americans own there own home
- If your house catches on fire, the firemen will be there within minutes to save your house and belongings.
- If a prowler comes in your home... the police when notified will respond to protect you.
- All of our religious and social freedoms
The fact is... we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the US, yet it's citizens have so much opinion on how it should be ran.
We are the most blessed people in the world, but all we do is complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about our country and government. Why don't we thank God for our many blessings and do something good for mankind.
So, turn off your tv, burn your Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day.
With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one ene to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorists attacks, Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?
I would personally like to thank Craig R. Smith (whoever you are) for this insightful wisdom!
So, may God bless America.... Oh yeah, he already has!
Posted by Pastor John