I recently moved to a rural community where there is no Starbucks, Applebees or even a Wal-Mart. A community that very committed to their Mountianeer Football, Basketball and Baseball teams. A place where Friday nights are spent in the city park or the high school football field instead of at a fancy restaurant, the mall or a movie theater. This is rural life at it's best, everybody knows every bodies business and good times are had by all.
When I moved to this rural community I did not know what to expect. I did not know if I would fit in to a close- knit community but for the most part I think everyone fits in here.
I have learned a few lessons from my new way of life:
1. Don't be in a hurry... enjoy the ride, even if a tractor leads you home.
2. Eating out - Means eating outside or on your screened in porch... This has added some great family time to our life.
3. Shopping - This has nothing to do with the Mall and everything to do with Wal-Mart!
4. Dress Up - Your best pair of jeans will do... (wipe the mud off your shoes too)
5. Priorities - Your kids must play little league sports
6. Church Family - "When your here, you're family!"
7. Mowing - This is not a chore but a life style.
8. Smells - Everyday I wake to a "new farm smell" sometimes not-s0-bad other times...well....wow..
3 words that have spoken deep into my heart since I moved here - Let.Love.Live!
The words of Jesus in Matthew 25 have given me my purpose in life. "If you do this to the least of these you have done this unto me."
I love the opportunity I have to Let.Love.Live in the community I am in. I hope you too can find the joy of living where you live and loving what you do and Letting God develop the character he needs to deepen your faith that you too can do great things for God!!!