Unfaithfulness


My daily devotions [the chronicles] have led me to a very interesting place... I have just read through the many descendants of so-and-so & so-and-so!!! Then, in chapter 9 of 1 Chronicles, this chapter starts off with a very powerful reality... Listen to this... "The people of Judah were taken captive to Babylon because (get this) of their unfaithfulness."

Wow, how many times have we been unfaithful? To God, others, family members etc. This verse just jumped off the page and had held my attention there. Unfaithful!!!

Most of the Old Testament is the story about the people of God who were unfaithful and were led away to Babylon for 70 years.

What would have happened if..... the children of Israel would have been faithful to God... hmmmm??? Jeremiah wept over this problem, Ezekiel spoke of this, Isaiah prophesied about this, Habakkuk was warned about this situation...

The Chronicles tell the story of a group of people who did not listen to God and were not faithful to him..

I don't know about you... But this makes me want to drop to my knees and pray and ask God to cleanse me and wipe me clean... "Create in me a clean heart!"

I don't know about you... But I don't want this to be my legacy!!! God, give me clean hands and a pure heart!

No comments: